Knowledge Base 9: A Quick Summary of the Visas Required to come and Live/Work in Spain in 2023
Moving to a new country can be a thrilling adventure, but it can also be overwhelming, especially when it comes to understanding the visa requirements. If you are a British citizen planning to move to Spain after Brexit, you will need to apply for a visa to stay in the country for more than 90 days. In this blog post, we’ll explain the different types of visas available for British citizens moving to Spain.
- Non-Lucrative Visa If you are not planning to work in Spain and have enough financial resources to support yourself, you can apply for a Non-Lucrative Visa. This visa is suitable for retirees, digital nomads, or anyone who can prove that they have sufficient financial resources to live in Spain without working. To apply for a Non-Lucrative Visa, you need to show proof of income, such as a pension or savings account, and demonstrate that you have health insurance.
- Work Visa If you are planning to work in Spain, you will need to apply for a work visa. The work visa is granted to those who have a job offer from a Spanish employer or those who are self-employed. To apply for a work visa, you will need to provide documentation such as your employment contract, a certificate of registration with the Spanish tax authorities, and proof of health insurance.
- Student Visa If you are planning to study in Spain, you will need to apply for a student visa. This visa is granted to those who have been accepted into a Spanish educational institution. To apply for a student visa, you will need to provide proof of enrolment in a Spanish educational institution, proof of sufficient funds to support yourself, and health insurance.
- Family Visa If you have family members who are Spanish citizens or residents, you can apply for a family visa. This visa is granted to spouses, children, and dependent relatives of Spanish citizens or residents. To apply for a family visa, you will need to provide documentation such as a marriage certificate, birth certificates, and proof of the family relationship.
- Golden Visa If you are planning to invest in Spain, you can apply for a Golden Visa. This visa is granted to those who invest a minimum of 500,000 euros in Spanish real estate or a Spanish company. The Golden Visa also grants residency to the investor’s family members. To apply for a Golden Visa, you will need to provide documentation such as proof of the investment and proof of health insurance.
- The Digital Nomad Visa is a new type of visa that allows remote workers to live and work in Spain for up to one year. This visa was introduced in response to the growing trend of digital nomads who can work from anywhere in the world as long as they have a reliable internet connection. The Spanish government recognised the potential economic benefits of attracting digital nomads to the country, and thus, created this new visa category to make it easier for remote workers to live and work in Spain. This is a new visa and you should double check the requirements to qualify for this.
In conclusion, if you are a British citizen planning to move to Spain after Brexit, you will need to apply for a visa. The type of visa you need will depend on your specific situation, such as whether you plan to work, study, retire, or invest in Spain. It’s important to consult with a qualified immigration lawyer or the Spanish embassy in your country to determine which visa is right for you.
eMail: [email protected]
Our website is full of useful information for buyers and sellers alike. We have information and advice videos, free to download eBooks as well as blogs and articles to educate our buyers and sellers so they make the most informed decisions.
Buyers Videos: https://hondonvalleyhomes.com/category/for-buyers/
Buyers ebooks: https://hondonvalleyhomes.com/free-buyers-guide/
Buyers FAQ: https://hondonvalleyhomes.com/faq_categories/buyers-faq/
Sellers Videos: https://hondonvalleyhomes.com/category/for-sellers/
Sellers eBooks: https://hondonvalleyhomes.com/free-sellers-guide/
Sellers FAQ: https://hondonvalleyhomes.com/faq_categories/sellers-faq/